The Faculty of Dentistry, RCSI in collaboration with the British Society of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology will hold a two day CBCT Training Course for Dentists on Friday October 12th and Saturday October 13th 2018.
Day 1 - Prescribers Course
- Scientific principles of cone beam CT imaging
- Guidelines and regulations
- Clinical justification
- Keeping radiation doses as low as practicable
- Clinical applications in dentistry
- Differences between 2D and 3D
- Understanding a radiologist’s report
Day 2 - Interpretation Course
- Normal cross-sectional anatomy in dento-alveolar region
- Maxillary sinus
- Signs of benign and malignant lesions
- Radiopaque lesions
- Hands-on training using dedicated CBCT software
- How to manipulate the dataset to answer the clinical question
- Drawing and analysing a synthetic panoramic curve
Fellows, Members and Diplomates of the Faculty: Early bird rate €900 until July 1st, €1000 thereafter.
Non-Fellows Members and Diplomates of the Faculty: Early bird rate €1000 until July 1st, €1100 thereafter.