The Faculty of Dentistry, RCSI will hold the FFD (OSOM/OS) examination annually in April & November at RCSI, Dublin. All other FFD specialties will only take place in November of each year.
Applications will open 4 months in advance of the November 2019 examination for 1 month. The Faculty will only accept applications for this diet within the following dates July 19th 2019 – August 19th 2019. It is advisable to apply as early as possible within this window of application. Please note that applications submitted outside of this timeline will not be reviewed.
N.B. Prior approval must be received from the Faculty office before sitting an FFD examination. The closing date for acceptance of approved applications will normally be 2 months in advance of a diet. Please view the RCSI examination calendar information here -http://www.rcsi.ie/professional_exams
In order to assess candidates FFD exam eligibility, a copy of the following documents must be submitted at the time of application:
- BDS/B Dent Sc. or equivalent undergraduate Dental
- MFD/MFDS/MJDF Diploma Certificate
- Letter confirming three years training from Programme Director
- Certificate of Completion of Training
Prior to formally applying for the FFD examination, please ensure that you carefully read the exam regulations and rules of conduct that can be found via our web links below.
Due to the large number of candidates applying to take these examinations, it is essential that the following points are read and adhered to:
- If the Faculty considers that you are eligible to sit an FFD examination, you must then log on to the Postgraduate Examinations system to formally apply for your chosen examination.
- The full fee must then be paid online by credit card.
- You will be asked to scan and upload a passport photograph.
- You will be asked to scan your official letter of prior approval from the Faculty office.
- This formal online application must be received by the SARA Department (Student Academic and Regulatory Affairs) on or before the closing date of the examination.
- Once your online application has been processed you will receive official confirmation, along with your examination number.
- The SARA Department will be in contact with you prior to the examination regarding further details of venues, timetables, etc.